Silver Sky Silver Sky

Yea, funky groovy riffs!

There's a bit in that reminds me of Aerosmith (for some reason), a bit in that reminds me of a black metal version of Metallica (Old Metallica, pre-Black Album era) and then another bit which I don't really know what to relate it to...

Cool stuff! The only thing I was missing was the bass. I can't really hear the bass very well across the low frequencies, which makes me sad. :(

I give it a thumbs up! (y)

TSRBand responds:

Thanks for the review :D Will defs try to crank that bass for next time!

Gelwaz Gelwaz

Very nice! Well played and all the jazz.

Has a happy kinda feeling, ya know. Like when you finally leave High School and then whip out the old sledge hammer and smash the place up and then proceed to pulverise the teacher with it. Then, you would walk up to the principal's office and smash his face in with it, you know.

You know that feeling? Yeah...

Nah, I'm kidding. Obviously it was a very good tune. Loved the dual harmonies. I'm a big fan of those.

Production was modest, but could be improved slightly. I like more mid range in the guitars, but that's just me. :)

Tides of Sin w/ Drums Tides of Sin w/ Drums

Here's a tip - if you record one-note versions of the riffs on a clean setting then pitch down the recording by an octave, you have bass.

Also, if you're dual tracking I'd pan both takes 100% Left and 100% Right for that stereo sound.

A good effort, but I felt that the guitar wasn't synced up in time with the drums. A click track will aid you with this, or you could write the drums first and then record the riff to the drums.

Hope this helps. Keep on rocking mate!

bipolarmunkey responds:

DEFINITELY helps! Thanks alot man! I appreciate you taking the time to share some insight. I'm still fairly new to the program and am still using a free version so i'm still exploring what's available. Definitely gonna look into this. Thanks again!

Speedy G Speedy G

It was unnecessarily fast, and it made me giggle.

I enjoyed it though, there were some really cool riffs in there, especially where it slows down just after the half way point.

I could picture it in a racing game or something like that.

Pretty cool stuff!

TSRBand responds:

Thanks so much! Glad you enjoyed it :D

Driving Driving

It didn't really make any sense to me... Like, it didn't really go anywhere.

2/5 for effort, keep trying mate.

Slow Day on the Sea Slow Day on the Sea

It was nice and everything, but it's not really Indie. I'd say it's more like a Classical piece.

Pity Newgrounds doesn't have a lot of genres to submit under.

Could definitely be longer, I was excited to see where the little baroque riff would go but it only lasted for about 60 seconds.

Here So Far Here So Far

I take it you actually broke your leg? It's amazing what inspires people to get creative. Hope it gets better with time if that is the case.

Great vocals, the melodies and chorus lines made me think of a way better version of Coldplay. Oh, and that saxophone at the end was just divine like a slice of chocolate gateaux after dinner.

Kinda reminiscent of older prog rock bands from the 70s. It shows the scene is still alive and kicking. ;)

It was exceptionally well thought out and I enjoyed the journey.

One little thing though - I would like to hear it with better production like real drums.

Thumbs up from me! (y)

FoxiFyer responds:

Thanks! no I didnt actually break my leg, its basically a metaphor for starting over I guess :P
the song itself is about feeling like youve done so much and gone through so much, and like, theres no pay off, like where is the silver lining?

unfortunatly getting real drums is probly out of the question for now. after all it's just me, a guitar, a yeti mic and mixcraft 7. I did hire the saxophone player from Fiverr, but unfortunatly having the entire song done on real drums would be way to expensive for me. consider anything that I make for "Anemia" demo material :P

edit: and the prog rock scene is still alive and kicking, you just gotta look hard, steven wilson just came out with a new album, AirBag is a very underrated band, and Porcupine Tree has a very great catologue of music, Haken is a very good band as well

Random-Metaljonus Random-Metaljonus

Sounds very eerie and atmospheric. Not like your usual stuff. I like it!

Metaljonus responds:

Thanks bro! To be honest I was randomly browsing through old sessions from this year and I did'nt remember writing it LOL.

Past, Meet Present Past, Meet Present

Beautiful lead guitar work man! This is definitely EP material!

Can I play around with the stems please, please, PLEEEEASE?

Redline Redline

Nice! Tight sounding, rocking tune that most definitely reminds of Powerman 5000 (even though it's listed as an influence in the description).

Beautiful sound. Great guitar tones, I think you nailed that part of the mix.

Would love to hear the bass pop out a bit more in the lower frequencies (from 40hz up to around 90hz). Perhaps a bit more of the higher frequencies on the overall mix would also do it justice. Ya know, give it some more presence.

Vocals are great too, perhaps a few more layers would give it that extra oomph/in-your-face-ness.

Sounds great though, either way!